enhancement requests

A place to discuss Bookends for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
ozean

enhancement requests

Post by ozean »

Hei Serge,

now that I have finally acquired an iPad (Air), I have become a much more frequent user of BOT than when I just had an iPhone. This also means that I discovered some things that could be improved (or that I still don’t fully understand). Here are two:
  1. Scrolling through the list of reference is awkward for very long lists, but I cannot find a way to jump to a reference without doing a search (which would kind of defeat the purpose of browsing a list…)
  2. I find the fact that settings, the sync action etc. are available when I go to "Library" confusing. Wouldn’t it be better to add a settings (and sync) icon to a menubar on top that can be evoked on a tap and that fades away at other times like in many other apps?
Serge

Re: enhancement requests

Post by Serge »

By tapping on the status bar you could use iOS's scroll to top feature, where the search bar is located.
I'm not sure about changing the Settings place -- it's not used so often, but for Sync we can add an icon to a navigation bar or maybe pull to refresh feature.
ozean

Post by ozean »

Serge wrote:By tapping on the status bar you could use iOS's scroll to top feature, where the search bar is located.
Sorry for being somewhat daft – what/where is the status bar? I tapped around a bit but couldn’t find a way to scroll to the top… :oops:
Thanks for considering making the sync action more accessible!
(I’ll keep a lookout for apps that enable long-list scrolling in an easier way that could be implemented in Bookends too, so that I could give you an example.)
Serge

Post by Serge »

Please tap above the group name. Does it work now?
ozean

Post by ozean »

Ah, yes, it does indeed work when I tap above the group name. And I thought I had tapped practically everywhere… :D