Changing the case of fields in imported references

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
everett

Changing the case of fields in imported references

Post by everett »

Under the import filter manager, I suggest including a feature to automatically change the case of fields to "Sentence case", "Title Case", "UPPER CASE" or "lower case". At present, Web of Science imports have the journal field all in upper case. I know it can be changed under Refs > Global Change > Change Case..., but this has to be done manually after each import and I'm obsessive about the tidiness of fields in my database.
David.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Changing the case of fields in imported references

Post by Jon »

everett wrote:I know it can be changed under Refs > Global Change > Change Case..., but this has to be done manually after each import and I'm obsessive about the tidiness of fields in my database.
Why not bug the WOS people about this? I doubt anyone wants journal names in ALL CAPS...

Jon
Sonny Software
everett

Post by everett »

Yes, I can just see them responding to my request :lol:. WOS is from ISI Thomson, current owners of EndNote (to those of you reading this who don't know this fact). I'll let them know that I prefer Bookends, and can they please help me. I predict that they will recommend EndNote, which has the feature of being able to change the case of journal titles.

But you are absolutely right--who wants journal titles in CAPS.
David.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

:-)

Jon
Sonny Software
spd

Post by spd »

Well, if they do actually want it all in CAPS, you can always go to Bookends Menu>Services>Convert>All Caps. I guess this doesn't really address your needs, however. But if you're interested in online poker....
everett

Post by everett »

spd wrote:But if you're interested in online poker....
I think I'll pass on that one :)
David.