When is BookEnds going to implement Apple tags?

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
iandol

Re: When is BookEnds going to implement Apple tags?

Post by iandol »

Jon, great news, thank you! Auto-suggest for tags will be very helpful indeed -- will it use BE keywords, existing OS metadata tags or both?
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Bookends will offer both Finder tags (i.e. any tags you see in Finder -> Preferences) as well as any tags you have previously added to the database (in one, sorted right-click hierarchical menu). You can of course also enter tags manually.

Jon
Sonny Software
iandol

Post by iandol »

Hi Jon, in 12.5.4 I can add tags in the main attachments view "Tag" edit box, but not in right pane > edit references > attachments, even though I can see the "Tag" edit box in both places.

I also tried copy-n-paste of 4 keywords into the Tag field and only the first keyword gets added as a tag. It would be nice to be able to copy-n-paste all keywords, BE stores this \n delimited so each new line becomes a separate tag.

Great update, thanks!
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

I don't have a problem entering tags in the edit reference pane (click on Tag and type, or right-click and select from the list). How are you trying to do it?

Jon
Sonny Software
iandol

Post by iandol »

I'm clicking into the edit field with the mouse then typing and pressing enter. See attached screencast, typing and entering but nothing is added.

Right-click and select is working for me.

OS X 10.10.3 (14D130a) public beta and BE12.5.4
Attachments
tags.mp4.zip
(32.76 KiB) Downloaded 199 times
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Thanks, I see what the problem is. I've fixed it and will make a silent update tonight. Please download 12.5.4 again tomorrow.

Jon
Sonny Software