Future possibilities of BoT?

A place to discuss Bookends for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
Cassady

Future possibilities of BoT?

Post by Cassady »

Hi Jon,

Figured I'd pop this up, not sure if you'd be willing/see the need to answer – but am curious about where BoT might see future development of writing "off" the Mac?

With Scrivener looking at going over to iOS – and Ulysses and Editorial already serving as pretty powerful tools for writing exclusively on iOS – is this something that BoT might be able to tap [har-har] into?

As in – typing inside the new Scrivener iOS app, and then launching/switching over to BoT, and pulling the relevant citation "uniqueID" over into Scrivener again – in similar fashion to how it works currently on the Mac? Is something like that at all on the horizon, or is the plan to simply keep BoT as an extension of the BE12, with the annotation abilities, and web-searching 'only'?
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Future possibilities of BoT?

Post by Jon »

We have plans for moving BOT beyond its current capabilities. I never discuss future plans until they're basically done, because one doesn't know in advance how successful one will be. A lot also depends on the features made available with each iOS update -- Serge will have to start testing iOS 9 now that the beta is out. But if things go as hoped for, you'll be seeing some nice additions to BOT.

Jon
Sonny Software
Cassady

Re: Future possibilities of BoT?

Post by Cassady »

Jon wrote:We have plans for moving BOT beyond its current capabilities. I never discuss future plans until they're basically done, because one doesn't know in advance how successful one will be. A lot also depends on the features made available with each iOS update -- Serge will have to start testing iOS now that the beta is out. But if things go as hoped for, you'll be seeing some nice additions to BOT.

Jon
Sonny Software
Great to hear! Thanks Jon.