Deleting Reference should not be so easy

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
jzents

Deleting Reference should not be so easy

Post by jzents »

I was working in a reference, and struggling with trying to get multiple paragraphs in a single note card. I ended up duplicating a paragraph. So I clicked on that note card, and tapped the delete key. A little thing came up and said this is undoable (I read it rather rapidly, because it never occurred to me that the action that was about to occur could occur in this context) and said okay. It did not delete just the note card. It deleted my entire reference and all of its notes. Yes, technically this is my fault. I did not read the warning window completely. Having granted that, I don't think it should have been possible for me to have deleted the reference from that situation. I should of had to click on to the reference. I clicked on to a paragraph in the note stream. And it was the fact that it did not even occur to me that it would be possible to kill the reference from there, which led me to skim the warning window. So, in future updates can we make it so that when you click on a note card, you cannot delete the reference from there?
Jeff Zents
South Texas College
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Deleting Reference should not be so easy

Post by Jon »

I can't reproduce your problem. If I select a notecard and hit delete it asks me if I want to delete the notecard. Please try to reproduce what you did (on a dummy or duplicated reference), and if you can get the same result you just reported please send screen snaps to tech support showing what you are doing (support@sonnysoftware.com).

Jon
Sonny Software