Creating new static group from bibliography

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
grebmar

Creating new static group from bibliography

Post by grebmar »

Hi--

This is probably a feature request, unless I have missed it searching User Guide and the forums. I've been inserting references individually into a document, scanning it and creating a bibliography. I would like to create a static group of all the references in this document (as "Books on Reserve" file for my course). Now I could go through and manually put all the references into a new static group, but I was wondering if it might be possible to have BE create a new static group from a generated bibliography after scanning. Is this possible? Then again, perhaps I am missing something somewhere. It wouldn't be the first time! :D
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Creating new static group from bibliography

Post by Jon »

Maybe it will be the last? :-)

After a scan all the references in the paper will be hits. So scan and then do a New Static Group and check the box that says From Hits. Now you have that paper's citations in a static group.

Jon
Sonny Software
grebmar

Re: Creating new static group from bibliography

Post by grebmar »

Many thanks!I knew there had to be a way to do it. I forgot that a scan puts all references in the hits folder.