Revisiting Library Window and Standalone Window

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Nhaps

Revisiting Library Window and Standalone Window

Post by Nhaps »

This topic has been discussed before, but I am revising it because of my workflow.

Problem: Default Editing References (Preferences-Refs) does not allow both Standalone Window (One Window Per Reference) plus Library Window.

Why is that a problem: I find myself constantly going to Preferences to switch them. Library Window is my default but I need to check one window per reference often to edit or format it against the one in the Library window. I tried working only on One Window per Reference, but most of the time Library window is more productive. Another reason a hybrid between the two would be useful is when you have to reproduce chapters in a book in separate windows while maintaining the parent in the Library Window.

Suggestion: Add both options in the menu (Preferences-Refs-Editing Preferences). A hybrid mode would offer the possibility to lock in the view on the Library window so you can key in the other references and open them with Space Bar for example. As of now Space Bar takes you to first reference, which Home key can do. Another way to open further references are welcome too. Anything that could enable the use of both features in a hybrid or medley would be welcome.

Would this be useful to other users?
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Revisiting Library Window and Standalone Window

Post by Jon »

I'll read any discussion, but there no be a UI change that allows references to be displayed simultaneously in the library window and standalone windows.

Jon
Sonny Software