Using MS Word 2016 in Windows OS

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
sforero

Using MS Word 2016 in Windows OS

Post by sforero »

Hello. I recently had some issues with two different manuscripts using the Mac version of Word, and have been using the Windows version since then (through Parallels). Unfortunately, the Windows version of Word still seems much more powerful and robust than the Mac counterpart. Even though Bookends recognizes when I open Word (in Windows via Parallels) and I am able to copy citations (and even use Floating Citations), I was wondering if it could be possible to have a Bookends Add-in installed and working in the Windows version of Word (especially for scanning and unscanning documents). Thanks!
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Using MS Word 2016 in Windows OS

Post by Jon »

A good question, but unfortunately I have no idea. Bookends and Word communicate via AppleEvents, which don't exist in Windows, so I doubt it. You can of course save as RTF and scan that from within Bookends. It's really the same thing, it just takes a few more steps.

Jon
Sonny Software

P.S. You can test this by moving the Word add-in and template to whatever the corresponding locations are in the Windows directly. The folder containing them with directions for installation (in macOS, of course) can be found in

~/Library/Application Support/Bookends/Scripts for MS Word