Formatting intext citations

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Robert

Formatting intext citations

Post by Robert »

Hi,

i am looking for a way to format In-Text citations individually. The Journal i want to publish in requires these to be in the following Format:

Author et al , Year

Notice that "et al" has to be without the full stop and italic.

Is there a way to change that format from the default?

Thanks so much for your help.

Robert
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hi,

You can do this by creating a custom citation format. Specify how the authors are to be output, when "and others" should be used, that "et al" is used in this case, and that it should be output in italic.

Please see the User Guide for more info on custom citation formats.

Jon
Sonny Software
Robert

Post by Robert »

Hi

and thanks for your swift reply. I wonder if we are talking about the same thing. I know about the possibilities on how to format the bibliography at the end of the document. I was wondering about the Text that Bookends inserts right in the main Text.

As in:

Bla bla (Robert et al, 2005) Bla bla dsf sdf sdf sdf.

Haven't found the place to change Font style there. But if its possible i will try again.

Robert
[/quote]
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Yes, we're talking about the same thing. Note the feature is called a custom *citation* format -- it is intended for just what you want, to insert final citations that conform to a particular style or need. It is most commonly used for footnotes, but will work well for what you want.

Do a search in the User Guide for "custom citation format" and you'll see what I mean. I think the main discussion is on p. 131.

Jon
Sonny Software