Mellel Find Citation does not refresh hit-lis

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
gke

Mellel Find Citation does not refresh hit-lis

Post by gke »

Facing a problem and unable to determine whether this is and was standard behaviour in BE or not:

- From within Mellel option+command+F brings up BE and its search dialog
- In search dialog checked options "search in database" and "put results in hit-list, replace hit-list"
- Performing the Search brings up the List-view, but the contents of the Hit-List has not been refreshed, only manually switching back and forth between "All" and "Hits" reveals the new content of the Hits-list

Now, to my mind BE bheaviour used to be different in this respect and it seems to me it sometimes does refresh the Hit-list.

What is the standard BE behaviour in these cases?
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hi gke,

This has nothing to do with Mellel -- just do a find in Bookends and you'll see the same behavior. If Hits is the selected group, the refresh isn't being done. This is an error, and I'll fix it. Thanks for the report.

Jon
Sonny Software
gke

Post by gke »

Jon, the strange thing is, though, that sometimes the refresh does occurr, even when Hits is the selected group - I just had one occurrence when it was not refreshed and one when it was.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

This problem is that the updating behavior in one of the components changed. I've applied a workaround and it updates as it should now. This will be in the next update.

Jon
Sonny Software
gke

Post by gke »

Quick as ever!