Book ends won't launch...

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
mateo

Book ends won't launch...

Post by mateo »

I just recently downloaded bookends I'm running a G5 iMac 1.8ghz, 10.3.9.

Ok, Bookends will launch from the Disk mount fine. But when I move the bookends folder to my app folder, it doesn't launch! I've tried everything!!! I redowloaded it 3 times from 2 differnt sources, I tried making different folders and putting in there with all the data from the mount and it still won't run. Please help! All thought appreciated!
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Does the pathname have an accented (Unicode) character in it (e.g. hard drive name)? This has been reported to cause problems. Also, this could be a permissions issue. Repairing permissions (and sometimes rebooting) may take care of this.

Jon
Sonny Software
mateo

Post by mateo »

Jon,
How do I repair permissions? And will this affect anything else on my system? Thanks!

mateo
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Run Disk Utility (an app distributed with Mac OS X) -- it's an option there. It will not cause affect anything else on your Mac.

Jon
Sonny Software
mateo

Post by mateo »

Jon,
Ok, I got rid of the umlauts in my hard drive name... but none of the action buttons work in Word... This is progam is getting frustrating. Is there anything I have to enable to get it to work properly? When I hit "scan document" and I have my citations in [ ] those guys, which I set to be the default ones, it doesn't do anything. Any help?

Also, I think I found a bug. When you type in the page numbers i.e. 145-155, when you copy the citation to Word, it cuts off the second 1 leaving you with 145-55.

mateo
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

I'm not sure what you mean by "doesn't work". Do you get any error messages? Or does Word just sit there? If the former, see the Read Me for details on how to deal with these (usually they are Finder AppleEvent problems). If the latter, make sure that the template and add-in are in the right folder! The add-in belongs in the Office folder itself. The template belongs in Office -> Startup -> Word.

If you still have problems, please contact tech support directly (support@sonnysoftware.com) for help.

Jon
Sonny Software
hareiko

Post by hareiko »

When I have the Bookends 8 in my Application folder top level, everything works fine. When I put in my subfolder "Databases" within the application folder and doubleclick a database, it will not open. Bookends 7 did not have the problem. Why?

Thanks
Hans-Reinhard Koch
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

The forum is not intended for tech support. Please contact us directly (support@sonnysoftware.com) and we'll see what the problem is.

Jon
Sonny Software