Search problem of floating citation

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Dullboy

Search problem of floating citation

Post by Dullboy »

Hello. I have a problem with the floating citation. Normally I use the author name and publish year as keywords to search in floating citation. But the search result are usually not accurate. E.g, I search with "Granovetter 1985" and there is only one reference that hit the author and publish year in my entire database. But the floating citation recommends me a dozen of results and the right one is hidden somewhere between them (see attachment). It is a pain to scroll up and down to find the right one. Is there any suggestion? Thank you very much!!!
Attachments
截屏2020-04-12上午10.25.33.jpg
截屏2020-04-12上午10.25.33.jpg (71.93 KiB) Viewed 2794 times
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Search problem of floating citation

Post by Jon »

Do yo get the same results in the Bookends app?

I'd Rebuild the library.

Jon
Sonny Software
Dullboy

Post by Dullboy »

Ye, I got the same results in the Bookends. The search engine of Bookends searches all the fields of references. I'd like just search the author name, publication year and publication tile. That would be much more efficient. Is it possible?
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

In Bookends, of course. In the floating citations window, no. Just add more parameters to narrow down the results. Or switch to Bookends for the search, then Copy Citation.

Jon
Sonny Software
Dullboy

Post by Dullboy »

Got it. Thank you!