BE Spotlight (Attachments) search hanging-freezing

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
liebo77

BE Spotlight (Attachments) search hanging-freezing

Post by liebo77 »

I have been having problems with spotlight (Attachments) searches. I read in the manual that they are not live searches because they are too slow.
1. Not live: Yet precisely my problem curiously seems as if it were related to a slow live search, i.e., as I try to type the word it doesn't allow me to finish but after a few letters it hangs (as if it were already searching for the word without me hitting return)?
2. Slow: Well, I don't know how slow you understand this to be. It seems crazy that it should take up to 2 minutes to search a word. I explain. Of my various tries, one time BE allowed me to finish the word (or after hanging, finally finished writing out the word...can't remember exactly) and after something like 2 minutes it finally returned the results. Surely you don't have in mind that it be that slow...? Anyway, once it returned the results, navigating to different folders etc. was painstakingly slow.
In short, Spotlight doesn't work for me.
I downloaded latest update and rebuilt my library.
I relatively new at this. In the past weeks I have had other experiences with BE Spotlight. Sometimes I was getting the search error warnings attached. But despite the warnings, the search seemingly worked, so I ignored it. Then on a few other occasions the spotlight search worked as one would expect.
But now I am stumped and it is not working at all.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.
liebo77

Re: BE Spotlight (Attachments) search hanging-freezing

Post by liebo77 »

I see the attachments didn't go. No clue. I add the attachments and the status bar shows a hasard sign.
liebo77

Post by liebo77 »

The search errors said:
"Record '246' is locked in the table 'the references'.
And another time same message with '777' as record.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

It looks like the spotlight search is now indeed a "live" search since we implemented a macOS native toolbar. I'll see if anything can be done about that. As for the locked records, close and reopen the library window.

Jon
Sonny Software
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Please download 13.4.6 again. Spotlight searches from the library window won't begin until you press Return.

Jon
Sonny Software
liebo77

Post by liebo77 »

Ok. This has been resolved. Thank you.