multiple citations

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
danzac

multiple citations

Post by danzac »

I know BE will separate multiple citations with a semi-colon, but does this work in Mellel, since the citations are not all in the same set of delimiters? My citations are side by side in my document, but no semi-colon is being placed?

On a related note, when I add the cited pages to a Mellel citation, the cited pages is not displayed in the little blue box, and it should be. Is this a Mellel issue or a BE issue?
~I swore to myself that if I ever got to walk around the room as manager people would laugh as they saw me coming and applaud as I walked away~
Jon
Site Admin

Re: multiple citations

Post by Jon »

danzac wrote:I know BE will separate multiple citations with a semi-colon, but does this work in Mellel, since the citations are not all in the same set of delimiters? My citations are side by side in my document, but no semi-colon is being placed?
Hi Danny,

Yes, this works in Mellel. The citations must be continguous (no spaces in between).
On a related note, when I add the cited pages to a Mellel citation, the cited pages is not displayed in the little blue box, and it should be. Is this a Mellel issue or a BE issue?
Anything you see in Mellel is a Mellel issue, not Bookends. I think they don't show it to save space. You'll see it if you double-click to "open" the citation. If you want this to behave differently, you should contact RedleX.

Jon
Sonny Software
markau

Re: multiple citations

Post by markau »

Jon wrote:
danzac wrote:On a related note, when I add the cited pages to a Mellel citation, the cited pages is not displayed in the little blue box, and it should be. Is this a Mellel issue or a BE issue?
Anything you see in Mellel is a Mellel issue, not Bookends. I think they don't show it to save space. You'll see it if you double-click to "open" the citation. If you want this to behave differently, you should contact RedleX.

Jon
Sonny Software
I noticed the same problem. What you need to do is to have a space before the @.
i.e. your citation (in Mellel in the 'Edit Citation' dialog) should look like:
Smith, 1982, #45823 @123
and not like:
Smith, 1982, #45823@123

With the space, everything works fine as far as I can tell. As far as I have found it is not documented anywhere. However, when it comes to scanning the citation, either way (with or without the space) seems to work the same.