A small request...

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
niklas

A small request...

Post by niklas »

Just a small thing:

I would love if, when selecting multiple references in the List view, the info drawer would update to show the last selected ref. Right now it keeps showing the first selected ref.

I often scan the database for references to include in a citation, selecting them as I find them, and here it would be very helpful if I could glance at the abstract in the info drawer to help me decide if I should really include a ref or not.

I know I can accomplish something similar by instead marking refs as hits and then going to the hits list to "collect" them, but if there are just a few refs needed I find that it is often faster to just select them from the main list.

Regards, Niklas
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hi niklas,

I see why you might want this, but I don't think it is standard behavior. It's also not used for things like View Formatted -- the first selection is what is shown. I think using the Hits checkbox is a simple solution that should do just what you want with little overhead (just click the box, select the next reference(s), and check the boxes of those you want -- click on the Hits group on the left and you have the ones you want).

Jon
Sonny Software
niklas

Post by niklas »

Jon wrote:Hi niklas,

I see why you might want this, but I don't think it is standard behavior. It's also not used for things like View Formatted -- the first selection is what is shown. I think using the Hits checkbox is a simple solution that should do just what you want with little overhead (just click the box, select the next reference(s), and check the boxes of those you want -- click on the Hits group on the left and you have the ones you want).

Jon
Sonny Software
Fair enough. And you're right of course, using the hits list works fine. Just a little more clicking...

Thanks for replying, Niklas
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

niklas wrote:Fair enough. And you're right of course, using the hits list works fine. Just a little more clicking...
You know that Command-M selects (marks) the checkbox too, right? You may find this more convenient than clicking twice (once to select, once to mark).

Jon
Sonny Software