No new window opening after scan

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
sly3

No new window opening after scan

Post by sly3 »

I am having REAL trouble getting any reference style to be applied to my document. I open the word processing document (have tried with both Word and Mellel), scan it, bookends came to the front, and I selected could select a combination of options for the scan.

The problem is that the references do not take on the selected style (with either Word or Mellel), but remained like this: {Profet, 1992, The Adapted Mind: Evolutionary Psychology and the Generation of Culture, 327-366; Hille, 1845, Wochenschrift fur die gesammte Heilkunde, 13, 106-107; Wiley and Katz, 1998, Current Anthropology, 39, 532-545; Johns, 1999, Annual Review of Anthropology, 28, 27-50; Cronk, 1989, Current Anthropology, 30, 224-234} .

I can get a new window with Word after a scan, but the refs looks the same as they do in the document above. With bookends in Mellel, still no new window is opening, no matter what style I select when I scan the document.

Any ideas? And my Mac is a newish one, a Powerbook, running Tiger.
I'd be grateful- I'm all ready to submit a manuscript, just waiting for the last stylistic thing....

Sera
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

For anyone following this, the problem was fixed by reinstalling Bookends. Not clear why, of course...

Jon
Sonny Software
sly3

Post by sly3 »

In fact, a simple reinstallation of the program was not enough. Make sure to remove your preferences, too. On my computer, they were located under /home directory --> Library --> Application support --> Bookends. This problem would not have been solved without Jon's suggestion, thanks a lot, Jon. Sera