Colon before the page number: am I missing something?

Users asking other users for bibliography formats.
tarot sport

Colon before the page number: am I missing something?

Post by tarot sport »

I am very happy with Bookends so much that I purchased the combo with Mellel, which I am equally happy with. However, there is something I am missing in setting up custom formats, and its in-text citations. I explain the specific case:
I've created a new format, which involves in-text citation with the eventual page number that should appear after the colon. Example: (Latour 2020: 16), where "16" is obviously the page number of a specific citation (@ in unformatted).

I saw that there are preset formats that already use this type, and I took inspiration from them. However, I don't understand why by setting everything (perhaps) correctly, the Mellel citation still appears with a comma (Latour 2020, 16), instead of (Latour 2020: 16). I don't understand where I'm going wrong.

Posting the settings, in case someone can help me in understanding where the error lies.

Thanks!
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Colon before the page number: am I missing something?

Post by Jon »

Please see the release notes for 14.0.7

https://www.sonnysoftware.com/updates/u ... story.html

In particular:

The punctuation settings for Cited Pages are now Type-specific
That means that what is output before and/or after cited pages in the final citation can be different for different reference Types.

Jon
Sonny Software
tarot sport

Re: Colon before the page number: am I missing something?

Post by tarot sport »

Jon wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:38 am Please see the release notes for 14.0.7

The punctuation settings for Cited Pages are now Type-specific
That means that what is output before and/or after cited pages in the final citation can be different for different reference Types.
Thanks, I have figured it out and fixed.