In-text citations started to format differently and not creating bibliography?

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
FESteward

In-text citations started to format differently and not creating bibliography?

Post by FESteward »

I was working on one of two papers and all went well (thanks, Bookends!). :D But now I'm working on my second paper, and though I don't think I did anything differently, the in-text citations (in Harvard format) are appearing oddly and not able to create a bibliography. I have attached a screen shot of a sample text. You can see that the third one also has a different font, which is odd. In my previous document, when I inserted citations like this it just had the date and author and an ID number-link. (like this: {-Rodin, 2013, #271957@loc.389}.) I don't see that here. I'm trying to diagnose what to do, but I have no idea. What is happening and how I can fix it? Thanks!
Screen Shot 2022-06-03 at 7.00.35 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-06-03 at 7.00.35 AM.png (104.71 KiB) Viewed 1136 times
Jon
Site Admin

Re: In-text citations started to format differently and not creating bibliography?

Post by Jon »

Those are not temp citations. How are you creating them? Are you using Copy Citation? And if you are, what are you using to determine their format (in Preferences, look in Scan & Bib tab)?

Jon
Sonny Software
FESteward

Re: In-text citations started to format differently and not creating bibliography?

Post by FESteward »

I did exactly what I did with the other paper: In Word I tap "control" twice to bring up the Bookends menu, click on "copy citation and modifiers" and entered the data (like page number) and then press enter.
FESteward

Post by FESteward »

I just quit and restarted, and...of course...that seems to have solved the problem. Thanks so much for your help and quick responses. I'm amazed at how you manage to be so prompt in answering questions. Thank you!