temporary citations

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
hitt

temporary citations

Post by hitt »

I am new at Bookends; so please forgive me if this is known to everyone else on the forum. I can see how via the preferences settings one can choose for the pre-scan temporary citations between one format that gives author date and ID number or author date and info from other fields that often helps to identify the source if you don't remember the ID (and who does?). But when I use the second method, the extra info is often not helpful, e.g., a secondary title (either series title of a book or book title of an essay). I'm wondering if there is any way to customize by choosing which field gets added after the author and date. I would like it to be the primary title or an abbreviated form of it.

Thanks.
paiweni humandus arawahhueni
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hi,

You can't customize this. If necessary, Bookends will try to use the first 10 words of the title to create an unambiguous citation. If you have an example where this doesn't work, please send it to me at support@sonnysoftware.com (zip the db first) and tell me why the citation generated is inadequate.

Jon
Sonny Software