How to remove unnecessary parentheses in document citation

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Richmac1161

How to remove unnecessary parentheses in document citation

Post by Richmac1161 »

The subject listed is narrowly written, but here is my problem and exactly how I'm creating it - step by step.

Step 1: Open Mellel

Step 2: Open Bookends data base (a small, trial database with only 8 references in APA format)

Step 3: Type text into Mellel document: All good men should come to the aid of their country

Step 4: From the List View in Bookends, drag and paste one of references at end of that sentence.

The reference that is dragged appears in List View as:

Blocker, Henri 1997 Original Sin: Illuminating the
Riddle

In smaller, colored text the reference is copied into Mellel at the end of the sentence. The sentence in the document now reads:

All good men should come to the aid of their country
Blocker, 1997

Step 5: From Mellel's palette, I click on the icon Scan the
document.

Step 6: A window appears (i.e., Scan the Document) with a check mark beside the Generate a bibliography after scan option. I click the 'okay' button.

Step 7: The new revised document appears and the sentence now reads:

All good men should come to the aid of their country
(Blocker, H. (1997). Original Sin: Illuminating the
Riddle).

I was also expecting the program to generate a bibliography that would include the full citation - and any others that I had used. For example of what I want to create, see below:

Austin, J. & Coventry, G. (2001). Emerging issues on privatized prisons. NCJ 181249. Washington, D.C.: Bureau of Justice Assistance.

Benson, B. (1998). To serve and protect: Privatization and community in criminal justice. New York: New York University Press.

Cox, N., & Osterhoff, W. (1993). “The public private partnership: A challenge and an opportunity for corrections.â€
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

We've already dealt with some of this via direct e-mail. If you still have problems, please contact me directly.

Jon
Sonny Software