14.1.4 UI Bug

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Darryl

14.1.4 UI Bug

Post by Darryl »

Hello, I just updated to 14.1.4 and there is a reproducible UI bug: When in widescreen layout, adjusting the width of the sidebar causes elements of the UI to overlap and switches to displaying the formatted reference preview. This happens in either list view (showing images or not). Can anyone confirm this bug on macOS 12.6?
Jon
Site Admin

Re: 14.1.4 UI Bug

Post by Jon »

I'm in Monterey 12.6.1 and don't see this issue. On general principle I'd reboot the Mac.

If you still see a problem, please send a video (preferably) to support@sonnysoftware.com showing exactly what you're doing and what you're seeing.

And download and check the previous version of Bookends you used and see if it's present there or not. They can be found here

https://www.sonnysoftware.com/updates/u ... story.html

Thanks,

Jon
Sonny Software
Darryl

Post by Darryl »

Hi Jon, the reboot did not fix the problem.

I just sent a video of the problem to the support email.

When updating, I always keep my current version just in case I have to roll back. The problem is actually there going back to 14.1.2, 14.1.1, and 14.0.3.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Thanks for the video, I can reproduce it. It only seems to affect the formatted display pane in widescreen layout. I'll look into it.

Jon
Sonny Software
Darryl

Post by Darryl »

You're welcome. Thanks for you prompt attention!