Translator name in Edited Book references

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
frvs

Translator name in Edited Book references

Post by frvs »

Jon,

I came up with a problem regarding translator names in Edited Book references. As I understand it, a Translator field will format names in whatever way is set for the Editor field, right? Well, this works OK in Book references, when the editor name comes after the book title—therefore, in first name/surname format—as in:

Pausanias. Description of Greece. Trans. W. H. S. Jonnesand and R. E. Wycherley. 5 vols. Cambridge, MA, and London: Harvard University Press / William Heinemann, 1959.

But in Edited Book references, when the editor name comes before the title—thus, in Surname/first name format—the tranlator name outputs in the same way, which is not convenient at all:

Frazer, James G, ed. Description of Greece, by Pausanias. Trans. Frazer, James G. 6 vols. London: MacMillan, 1898.

Is there a workaround for this? Would it be possible, for example, to give us the option to choose between output in editor OR author format?
Thanks.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

I'll think about it.

Jon
Sonny Software