Requests for File->Export References

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
DrJJWMac

Requests for File->Export References

Post by DrJJWMac »

I am using the File->Export References option to export a report. I have two requests.

* I anticipate using this option often to generate snapshot reports on notes that I make in the library database. I will export from a Smart Group or Static Group when I create the report. The menu option has sub-options for Selections and Hits. Would you consider adding a sub-option for Group and have this choice as available when a Group (smart or static) is selected? This would save the effort to select all in the group and/or to mark all in the group.

* The export seems to generate a list in an order that is not following the layout in the view. I have not checked what is used as the sorting criteria. Would you consider having the export report list honor the sort order that is being used in the current view window, e.g. by date or author or label or ...
--
JJW
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Requests for File->Export References

Post by Jon »

I'll add them to the request list.

I assume you're outputting using a format. If the format requires it, the references will be sorted. if it doesn't they'll be output in the same order they were made hits. The way to get your references output as they appear in the list, clear the Hits List (if necessary) and then Shift-Click on any reference's checkbox that's not already marked. Now all are marked (i.e. are in the Hits List) and will be output in order from top to bottom.

Jon
Sonny Software
DrJJWMac

Re: Requests for File->Export References

Post by DrJJWMac »

OK. I missed the Alphabetize references checkbox in the format as a way to force the sort order. I had it checked. Unchecking exports the report with the list items sorted as viewed.

The shift-click trick is useful.

Thanks!
--
JJW