smart groups inexplicably stopped working

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
rmsk

smart groups inexplicably stopped working

Post by rmsk »

Help! My smart groups inexplicably stopped working. I have a substantial library of PDFs, many of which are tagged (e.g. ‘archeology’, or ‘projectXYZ’). I have created smart groups corresponding to the tags I use most frequently — in this way I can click on the e.g. ‘archeology’ smart group and see all of the papers I have relevant to archeology.

Only problem is that within the last few days all of my smart groups stopped working — I click on the ‘archeology’ smart group for example and it’s empty (“Showing 0 of 0 refs”). Yet all of my papers are properly listed and available in the “All” group, and I can search for (and successfully find) a paper I know to be tagged ‘archeology’ (and indeed at the atop of the attachment view pane the ‘archeology’ tag is listed).

So I’m really stumped. Have I possibly unintentionally made some very silly change that’s entirely defeated the functionality of smart groups? Any idea what might be going on?

A few additional notes that might be relevant:
- I tried upgrading from BE 14.1.7 --> 14.1.8 but this didn't solve the problem
- static groups work just fine
- I also use Bookends on a secondary Mac (the library and all PDFs are stored on and synchronized via iCloud). BE works completely fine, including with regard to smart groups. This suggests to me that the integrity of my BE library and associated PDFs is not in question.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: smart groups inexplicably stopped working

Post by Jon »

Please Rebuild the library and see if that helps.

Jon
Sonny Software