Bookends and Hookmark

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
jvictorcabral

Re: Bookends and Hookmark

Post by jvictorcabral »

I already enjoy this combo (Bookends + Hookmark) a lot! If I may ask for anything else to improve this collaboration, it would be to automate somehow (Apple scripts?) the creation of a hook between the reference in Bookends and its attachment (Finder? PDF reader?). This could be useful in case I open the pdf (I particularly use Skims) and I want to quickly see its reference in Bookends, so instead of manually opening the app and searching for the reference, I could simply invoke hookmark.

Anyway, that would be an extra ☺️ thanks!
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

You can invoke Hookmark at any time with their keyboard shortcut. The default is Control-H.

Jon
Sonny Software
jvictorcabral

Post by jvictorcabral »

I know that, perhaps I wasn’t clear enough. I already have many references in Bookends, so if I run some script or shortcut (sorry, I’m not much into these details) then it would automatically create the hook between the reference and its attachment across all my bibliography. I do that manually with new references I add but it is time-consuming to go back to do that with previous references manually.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Ah, I see. If it's possible at all, it would be a job for Hookmark, not Bookends. Hookmark creates the links, Bookends just provides the means for it to do it, and processes the link (when it's clicked) to find the right item.

Here's a link to their forum.

https://discourse.hookproductivity.com

Jon
Sonny Software