Attachment Syncing to IOS Devices

A place to discuss Bookends for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
doclrb

Attachment Syncing to IOS Devices

Post by doclrb »

Good Morning,

Unless I upload them directly, my attachments seem not to sync with my IOS devices, though the paper clip symbol is visible on the device and the attachments are present in my library as viewed on my Mac. Is/are there any setting(s) that must be in-place for turnkey syncing to occur. I'd love to be able to 'force' the sync.

Many Thanks.

Les
doclrb
Les R. Becker, Ph.D., MS.MEdL, NRP, CHSE
lesrbecker2@gmail.com
Serge

Re: Attachment Syncing to IOS Devices

Post by Serge »

If you are using Cloud sync, please check the Bookends folder with icon on iCloud Drive in Files.app, does it show all your attachments there?

One way to force sync is to delete Bookends from your iOS device and then re-install and sync again.
doclrb

Post by doclrb »

In the iCloud Bookends folder, I see a sub-folder named similarly to my main library and containing about 20% of the total pdfs in my library, but the other pdfs reside in the Bookends icloud folder root, rather than in the library-named sub-folder.

Shouldn't they all reside in the sub-folder similarly named to the icloud library sub-folder?

TY

Les
doclrb
lesrbecker2@gmail.com
Serge

Post by Serge »

Please try to move files to the library subfolder.
For example, in Bookends for iOS:
Settings -> Default Attachment Subfolder -> Move

Now please check again in Files.app if files related to the library were moved from the root folder to the library-defined subfolder.
doclrb

Post by doclrb »

I executed 'Move' as requested. When viewed in Files, the individual files remain in the Bookends root folder.

TY

Les
doclrb
lesrbecker2@gmail.com
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

If you specify a new default attachments folder, subsequent attachments will be placed there, files already attached will remain where they are. If you want those moved there you must do it yourself. There is a Global Change function in Bookends for Mac that does that, but it's easier in this case for you to just drag them from the root folder to the subfolder in the Finder.

Jon
Sonny Software
doclrb

Post by doclrb »

TY for the explanation.

Les
doclrb
lesrbecker2@gmail.com