microsoft word citations in footnotes

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Erico

microsoft word citations in footnotes

Post by Erico »

Hello,

I'm using mac os x ventura, word 16.72, Bookends 14.1.9. I am creating a footnote. I want to embed citations from Bookends in the footnote citation (e.g. {@Binder 1987} and then be able to press scan and have these tags turn into properly formtted footnotes in the Chicago style.

Instead what I am getting is that any citations in the in-terxt block work fine, but can't get anything to work inside wor'd footnote/endnote structure.

Is there a wy to get the skeletel formats in the footnoes converted? Does this work in Nisus writer but not in word? I seem to remember that this used to work just fine, but now I can't seem to make it work at all

best,
Erico
Jon
Site Admin

Re: microsoft word citations in footnotes

Post by Jon »

It should work as you describe. Please try with a fresh new document and see if it works then. If it does, please contact suppport@sonnysoftware.com and send your original document and your Bookends library as attachments (Compress the library if it's too large to email as is).

Jon
Sonny Software