Corrupted Database?

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
chadders

Corrupted Database?

Post by chadders »

I have been using Bookends successfully for a few months now, and I have had no real issues until today. Suddenly all the citations held in my database are showing odd characters (I have changed the colour to indicate the characters that are not part of the actual citation.;

E.G.
Brown, D., Pedder, J., \& Bateman, A. (2000). \emph{Introduction to Psychotherapy: An Outline of Psychodynamic Principles and Practice}. Routledge,an imprint of Taylor \& Francis Books Ltd.

I understand this has something to do with the way Fomats Manager is laying out the references, however I have changed nothing in Formats Manager since using the software, and when I look in the Format Manager's relevant section everything seems ok. I have tried re-building the database and re-indexing but nothing seems to help.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to what I may be able to do to recover my databse. It is one I have built up ready for an MSc dissertation an therefore I would like to keep as much of it as I can. I have a couple of backups, but they are a little out of date.

Any help would be appreciated.

Chris
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hi,

This isn't a corruption issue. It looks like you have set the bibliography to be output in BibTeX markup.

To set it back to styled text, do this:

1. Biblio -> Bibliography Formatter
2. Set the output to Styled Text in the pop-up menu
3. Click on the Set Default button

Jon
Sonny Software
chadders

Post by chadders »

Jon,

Your observations and instructions were correct, problem now solved.

Thank You

Chris