First time user question

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
sypark

First time user question

Post by sypark »

I just downloaded the trial and am excited to start organizing my references in preparation for my medical manuscripts. I'm relatively new to the academic world, but very Mac savvy.

I have hundreds of files on my computer in various formats (PDF and HTML) and would like to import the reference source into bookends. Is there an easy way of doing this without manually entering every field (is Bookends mart enough to extract relevant fields from a file)?

Also, when I am searching scholar.google or via my faculty account at my medical school over their library system, and when I come across an abstract, what is the most efficient way of extracting the reference from the website to Bookends?

I'm wondering if I am going about this the wrong way. Maybe I need a tutorial from my librarian about searching and references.

Any help would be appreciated.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hi,

Without more information it is hard to say, but you cannot import from pdf or HTML into Bookends. You can, however, import using the PubMed search/import facility built into Bookends (Internet Search). Please download and refer to the User Guide.

Jon
Sonny Software