Autocomplete or Autofill for Abstract and keywords?

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Sarah1986

Autocomplete or Autofill for Abstract and keywords?

Post by Sarah1986 »

Hi,
What's the best way to get the abstract and keywords autofilled/autocompleted?
I've tried both autocomplete and autofill but can't seem to get any method to automatically pull in the abstract and keywords.
I've been manually copying/pasting to the correct fields (from PDF or internet search) but I'd like to just be able to click and have the fields populate. I use the abstract and keywords alot for creating custom groups and performing literature searches within my library.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Autocomplete or Autofill for Abstract and keywords?

Post by Jon »

You need to AutoFill or Autocomplete from an online source that has Abstracts and Keywords, like PubMed. Crossref does not, nor does Google Scholar. And you should make sure that the filter for such as site tells Bookends to import that information. The default PubMed filter imports abstracts, but if you want keywords you'll have to add the MESH tag (instructions in the filter's notes).

Jon
Sonny Software
Shopbc

Post by Shopbc »

Ill ask my related question here if that's ok?

I made a few long keywords forgetting to return between keywords. I've since updated the keywords to the correct format but the long strings are stuck in the add-keyword drop down. How do I remove them?
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

The term lists will be refreshed when you close and then reopen the library. Alternatively, you can open a Term List (Windows menu) and choose Update Terms in the small gear icon popup menu at the bottom left (or via a right-click).

Note that if you missed a reference and the keyword is still in the database, it will be shown in the keywords Term List. In that case, open the keyword Term List and click on the keyword you don't want -- the list of references containing it will show on the right.

Jon
Sonny Software