Selector in Preferences for Default epub Viewer?

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
macgarvin

Re: Selector in Preferences for Default epub Viewer?

Post by macgarvin »

DrJJWMac wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:01 pm FWIW, PDFExpert (macOS) offers to convert an ePub directly to PDF at the point where you try to open the ePub with it. I imagine its iPadOS version might do the same (not tested).
It may work - my advice is just be very wary with a new conversion path at first - I've been a couple of hundred pages into a text that I have heavily annotated when it blows up
bobtodd

Post by bobtodd »

macgarvin wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:26 pm It may work - my advice is just be very wary with a new conversion path at first - I've been a couple of hundred pages into a text that I have heavily annotated when it blows up
Great advice. I tried the PDFExpert converter, and it seemed to work smoothly. But I'll have to see what happens with annotations...
DrJJWMac

Post by DrJJWMac »

macgarvin wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:26 pm It may work - my advice is just be very wary with a new conversion path at first - I've been a couple of hundred pages into a text that I have heavily annotated when it blows up
In such a case, I imagine that other methods, such as through ghostscript or pandoc, might also carry the same warning.

In this regard, I imagine that the recommended workflow should be convert first, then annotate.
--
JJW