Switching from iCloud to OneDrive

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
perplexed

Switching from iCloud to OneDrive

Post by perplexed »

Hello,

I've been using Bookends for a few years and have been using iCloud for syncing the PDFs associated with my library. My employer has begun to more strictly limit our computing capabilities in the name of security, and this does create some problems for the end user. One of the issues is that they block the usage of iCloud. This means my library on work hardware shows the references but not the PDFs. My employer does grant us access to OneDrive, however.

In your experience, does OneDrive "play nicely" for the purposes of syncing of PDFs? If so, how easy is it to switch to syncing with OneDrive?

I've pre-emptively copied over my PDFs to OneDrive too, in case it is straightforwards to switch. :)

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can offer.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Switching from iCloud to OneDrive

Post by Jon »

As long as you're not syncing with Bookends for iOS OneDrive is just fine. It's even one of the options in Settings for the default sync folder.

Since your PDFs are already there, change the default attachment folder to Microsoft OneDrive and your PDFs will appear. If they don't, double check the path Bookends is using and the actual path to the OneDrive sync folder, and adjust accordingly (either set up the OneDrive attachment folder hierarchy to match what Bookends expects, or use "Other" in Settings to find the folder).

Jon
Sonny Software