SmallCaps and Mellel

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
eleuteruiz

SmallCaps and Mellel

Post by eleuteruiz »

Thank you for the new improvements!

I have been waiting for the improved SmallCaps feature, because I need it in my blibliography style.
Now, it looks excellent in view formatted, and it works well when I transfer a reference to a Mellel document with Cmd+K, but not when I scan the whole document. They just convert to ALLCaps.
I must be doing something wrong, but I don't know what... I post this question here because it could help others as well.

Thank you.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hm, is it a setting in Mellel, perhaps (e.g. font size in footnotes)?

Jon
Sonny Software
eleuteruiz

SmallCaps and Mellel

Post by eleuteruiz »

I have been making experiments with Word, and it does work initially, BUT:
- The default setting for footnotes is with font size 12, the same as the main text.
- When I change footnotes style to 10 point size, I get ALLCAPS like in Mellel.

Back in Mellel, I can't get SmallCaps when scanning the document in one way or the other. Mellel always works with character style, which includes font size, so I don't see a way to avoid it.

(I am sending the question also to redlex...)
Jon
Site Admin

Re: SmallCaps and Mellel

Post by Jon »

eleuteruiz wrote:- When I change footnotes style to 10 point size, I get ALLCAPS like in Mellel.
Word may be "fixing" things, too. Don't forget, small caps are 4 points smaller than the default in Bookends (so if Bookends is set to output 12 point, the small caps are 6 point). If Word is set to override the 12 points and set it to 10, then its also overriding the 6 points. Bottom line -- leave font size alone in the footnotes style (or set it to the same as the Bookends default bib font size). As for Mellel, I can't help there, sorry.

Jon
Sonny Software