Bookendz support for Pages ?

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Anonymous wrote:Any chance of a fix to the rtfd thing then - that's just a simple file copy... :roll: :D
Hi Barry,

Honestly, not soon. But we'll continue to evaluate Pages, really...

Jon
Sonny Software
wakercrzy0

Apple

Post by wakercrzy0 »

Dear everyone,
I suggest that every person interested in in-text citation support give Apple feedback @ http://www.apple.com/feedback/pages.html . Allowing scripting to Pages is very important. I would tell them that there are already programs superior to Endnote on the Mac market and that in order for Apple to support its commitment to developers on the Mac, they should enable scripting to Pages. This is a very competitive market that Apple can highlight as a good reason to switch.
WakerCrzy0
prmartin

Mellel and Images

Post by prmartin »

prop wrote:Can you guys elaborate as to what exactly Mellel is better for? I have looked at the web page but never used the software, and wondered why this software is so much better.
Dear Forum Denizens,

1) I sent my gripe about Pages non-scriptability to Apple. You all should do the same if you want things to change.

2) I read the praise of Mellel and also saw the criticisms that it handles image placement poorly. I looked at the Mellel blurb and it claims to be able to place and resize images. So can somebody enlighten me as to whether Mellel's image placement is adequate for academic / grant application writing?

Many thanks,
Paul.
prmartin

Mellel and images

Post by prmartin »

gke wrote:This I can confirm - if you are writing scholarly texts, choose Mellel.
Dear All,

I saw this praise, and also complaints that Mellel can't deal well with images. I downloaded Mellell. Regarding images it looks to me that pretty much everything one would need for scholarly writing and grant applications is covered: I placed the image, rescaled it, put it in a 1x2 table, wrote the figure legend in the other table cell ... Is there something that I'm really missing? It might be nice to wrap the text and save a bit of space (I know that space is always tight in grant applications), but it looks pretty workable for me. Getting away from Word would be great.

Yours,
Paul.