Appearance of List view: Feature requests

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Reiner

Appearance of List view: Feature requests

Post by Reiner »

Some features I would like very much for easier work in the list view. Of course this is only my humble opinion:

1. Very small but annoying: It's not possible to make the right most column narrower. This can result in a horizontal scrollbar which maybe has now use because all infos can be seen.

2. If the main window is to big that the info panel can be shown in total too, the main window should be resized automatically so that everything is on the screen. If the info panel is hidden again, the size of the main window should switch back to the origin width.

3. The display of the authors should be user definable as in the formats manager. The settings for authors in the list view now are not enough: Full names, surnames and initials, surnames only should also be choosable as well as the punctutation between the names. Also if it is shown if they are authors or editors.

4. The concise-tab of the info pane is not user definable at all. That's very sad. I would love to format the output here fully as it is able for print output.

5. Belongs the new drawer of the Reference view: I think the drawer should not only be changable in width but also in heigth, which should result in higher rows of the fields.

All these requests/suggestions or whatever you call it are not meant apodictically in any way. They are my wishes and I think they could be useful for others to.

best, reiner
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Appearance of List view: Feature requests

Post by Jon »

Reiner wrote: 4. The concise-tab of the info pane is not user definable at all. That's very sad. I would love to format the output here fully as it is able for print output.
Hi Reiner,

This is the only one I'll address now. This feature is available, and always has been -- use the View Formatted pane. Create one or more formats that display the data the way you like (all possible options are available). We provide one, Ref with Abstract, that you can use as a starting point if you like.

Jon
Sonny Software
Reiner

Re: Appearance of List view: Feature requests

Post by Reiner »

Jon wrote:
Reiner wrote: 4. The concise-tab of the info pane is not user definable at all. That's very sad. I would love to format the output here fully as it is able for print output.
Hi Reiner,

This is the only one I'll address now. This feature is available, and always has been -- use the View Formatted pane. Create one or more formats that display the data the way you like (all possible options are available). We provide one, Ref with Abstract, that you can use as a starting point if you like.

Jon
Sonny Software
Hi Jon,

if I do not misunderstand you, you say I should use the view formatted pane to have a user-definable view. but I want use the concise-tab user defined. And that's not possible at the moment, right?

Reiner
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Right. The drawer is fixed. If you want user-definable, use View Formatted.

Jon
Sonny Software
Reiner

Post by Reiner »

Thanks for your answer. Will the concise-tab be user-definable in the near future?
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Near future? No. There are a lot more important things to do. But maybe at some point.

Jon
Sonny Software