Import filters for PDF, MSWord

Users asking other users for import filters.
elnormo

Import filters for PDF, MSWord

Post by elnormo »

I think it would be great to have import filters for PDF and MSWord documents, or just plain text. The end-user would have to specify the article's reference style (e.g. APA 5, or IEEE) submit the article file to Bookends and Bookends would add all the references from the reference section to a Bookends database. (There would probably have to be a pop-up window indicating that this action might violate the author's copyright, but I don't think anyone is interested in copyrighting references.)
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

PDF or Word, no. But there is a section in the User Guide that tells you how to go about (trying) to import data from already-formatted bibliographies (in plain text). You can of course copy to the clipboard from a pdf or Word file and import from there...

Jon
Sonny Software
elnormo

Import filters for PDF, MSWord using the Source parser

Post by elnormo »

I tried to reproduce the example in the user guide (page 70) but without success. I get a message "Done: number imported 0". I tried with a text file, and with the clipboard.

I'm not sure if there should be anything in the "Tags" in the "General" pane of the import filter window. I set all the "Tags" to be empty.

any ideas on why it might not work ?

norm
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

This isn't the place for tech support. Please contact me directly. Sounds like "References start with" may not be set correctly.

Jon
Sonny Software