Latex document formating

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
pmsalves

Latex document formating

Post by pmsalves »

Hi
I have a problem when formatting my bibliography in a document created in latex. The file is saved with .tex extension and is a .txt file. I use Textwrangler to edit it.
All my references are delimeted by ~ ~. However BE has problems in identifying some citations, but not all. Just some, independently of the place where the citations are in the text. At the end I always end with a couple of citations unmatched and the bibliografic list incomplete.
Any suggestions?!
Thanks

Pedro

PS: For instance BE identifies an unmatched citation in "$\gamma$"... which is strange.
Last edited by pmsalves on Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hi,

You can send me a small Textwrangler file and a small zipped db that shows this problem and I'll take a look...

Jon
Sonny Software
pmsalves

Post by pmsalves »

Jon wrote:Hi,

You can send me a small Textwrangler file and a small zipped db that shows this problem and I'll take a look...

Jon
Sonny Software
Hello
Have you found the solution for this problem? Have had time to research the reasons?
Regards,

Pedro
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Sorry, but I don't recall receiving the files from you. Please send them to be at support@sonnysoftware.com

Jon
Sonny Software
eleuteruiz

Post by eleuteruiz »

Excuse me if I profit this thread to ask for something else: could anybody suggest me a program for writing LaTeX docs? I am interested in learning it, but know NOTHING about it, so it shouldn't be so complicated…

Thank you
pmsalves

Post by pmsalves »

eleuteruiz wrote:Excuse me if I profit this thread to ask for something else: could anybody suggest me a program for writing LaTeX docs? I am interested in learning it, but know NOTHING about it, so it shouldn't be so complicated…

Thank you

Use TexShop!
Is free and easy to install.
Then pick the pdf of Not so short introduction to latex.
Read it and try it. is very cool and powerfull.
The learning curve is exponential and the results great.
Pedro
pmsalves

Post by pmsalves »

eleuteruiz wrote:Excuse me if I profit this thread to ask for something else: could anybody suggest me a program for writing LaTeX docs? I am interested in learning it, but know NOTHING about it, so it shouldn't be so complicated…

Thank you
I will send you again the files. I am sure you have received them. I send them zipped by e-mail as soon you have requested them.
I found another bug. After formating the file all "" disappear after the point where the reference is not found, more over the "" appears to interfere with your parsing method to identify references.
Best
elochs

Latex

Post by elochs »

I am trying to export my BE db to bibTex (assuming it to be possible). I use the Bibliography formatter to select BibTex and save the file.
When I open it in Biddeks i get an error message
found ",", expected one of : etc.
The test entry is

@Book{,
author = {Achtemeier, Elizabeth},
title = {Nahum-Malachi},
pages = {201 p.},
editor = {Mays, James Luther},
publisher = {John Knox},
address = {Atlanta},
year = {1986},
keywords = { Prophtes, Minor}}

I checked everyting in Preferences BibTex
Question is is there a simple way to use BE with Latex without exporting to BidDesk. Otherwise, can I export a BE db to BibTex?
Erwin
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

My guess is that BibDesk requires a valid key, and you don't have any for this reference (that's why there is nothing before the first comma).

Enter a key (or have Bookends do it for you, if you have BibTeX enabled in Preferences) in the key field (AKA user1).

Jon
Sonny Software
elochs

Post by elochs »

You're right. I messed on the key. Thanks.
Erwin
elochs

Post by elochs »

You're right. I messed up on the key. Thanks.
Erwin