BE and Word Processor Linking

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Tacitus

BE and Word Processor Linking

Post by Tacitus »

Hi all,

I posted this over on the Nisus forum but since it is more of a BEnds issue I'll post it here as well.

In the 'linking window" in the ref window in Bookends I have listed as possibilities for linking, Little Snitch, Stuffit Daemon, Wacom Tablet driver plus a variety of other non WP apps as well as NWE. Why are these listed, and is there a way to remove them from the list to leave only those I need - say NWExpress and Word 2004. Unfortunately I have to use the latter from time to time. javascript:emoticon(':D')

cheers,

Tacitus
History is a nightmare from which I am trying to escape.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hi Tacitus,

The problem is that ALL of these have the APPL type, so Bookends lists them (you can link to any running application, not just word processors). The only way to remove them is to specifically filter out each unwanted name. That is do-able, of course, but didn't seem worth the effort. Is it?

Jon
Sonny Software
Tacitus

Post by Tacitus »

Jon wrote:Hi Tacitus,

The problem is that ALL of these have the APPL type, so Bookends lists them (you can link to any running application, not just word processors). The only way to remove them is to specifically filter out each unwanted name. That is do-able, of course, but didn't seem worth the effort. Is it?

Jon
Sonny Software
Not really, now I know the cause.

cheers,

Tacitus
History is a nightmare from which I am trying to escape.