Two copies!

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Allsop

Two copies!

Post by Allsop »

I purchased Bookends yesterday and when I opened it today goth the following message: "Another copy of Bookends with the same serial nu,ber is running on this network." And it would not let me open the application! I have checked the applications folder and am unable to find another copy so now I am left unble to use the programme. Any ideas?
Also the email with the serial number that I got yesterday says that I should make sure that I have downloaded Bookend for Mac version 9.0.5. As far as I can see this does not exist and I have v 9.0.4. Any idea what is going on? Any help very greatly received. Cheers :(
It is all part of the rich tapestry of life
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hi,

The error is spurious, of course. It is a problem with Aiport that crops up from time to time. Try unplugging Airport from the wall, rebooting your Mac, and then plugging Airport in again. That usually resets the router. FWIW, in the next update a workaround is implemented to avoid this problem.

As for the current version, it is 9.0.4. Sales got a bit ahead of themselves :-)

Jon
Sonny Software
Allsop

Post by Allsop »

Jon wrote:Hi,

The error is spurious, of course. It is a problem with Aiport that crops up from time to time. Try unplugging Airport from the wall, rebooting your Mac, and then plugging Airport in again. That usually resets the router. FWIW, in the next update a workaround is implemented to avoid this problem.

As for the current version, it is 9.0.4. Sales got a bit ahead of themselves :-)

Jon
Sonny Software
Just want to thank Jon publicly for his great off-list support—he diagnosed the problem, gave the work around, re-assured me when that didn’t work and helped me work out an acceptable compromise until release of 9.0.5. which hopefully will cure this problem which I am very pleased to hear is NOT a problem with Bookends. Not used to this level of support with my old bibliography programme, (Endsnote)!

:lol: :) :D
It is all part of the rich tapestry of life