Volume and issue confusion, Endnote7 to Bookend

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
macnugget

Volume and issue confusion, Endnote7 to Bookend

Post by macnugget »

Hi,

There seems to be a problem in importing Endnote7 output xml when it encounter the journal Geophysical Research Letters.
In Endnote the volume and issue numbers are correct but when imported into Bookend, these two numbers switch places. It seems like we can't edit that particular importing filter, so is there any other way around this?

thanks
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hi,

I just tried this, and for me the volume and issue (for journal articles) were imported correctly. What is the Type for the record giving you a problem (journal article, conference proceedings, etc.)?

Jon
Sonny Software
macnugget

Post by macnugget »

It is journal article!
BookEnds' database was imported from Endnote7's XML. Example below (the page number is missing because this journal starts to use DOI, rather than page number)

JY

From Endnote7(mac):
Akita, F., and N. Matsumoto, Hydrological responses induced by the Tokachi-oki earthquake in 2003 at hot spring wells in Hokkaido, Japan, Geophysical Research Letters, 31 (16), -, 2004.
From BookEnds 9.04:
Akita, F. and Matsumoto, N., 2004, Hydrological Responses Induced By the Tokachi-Oki Earthquake in 2003 At Hot Spring Wells in Hokkaido, Japan, Geophysical Research Letters, v. 16, p. -
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

This is really a tech support issue. You'll have to send me an EN7 library containing just the *one* reference, no more.

Jon
Sonny Software