Scanning doc

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Sue

Scanning doc

Post by Sue »

I have always had trouble getting BE to work with Mellel or Word( Database Engine Error: Record "UNKNOWN" is locked in table "the references" often occurs)

I am now trying this agin. I have a 10,000 word paper overdue at the editors with approx 70 footnotes in Mellel. I have entered temporary citations, created a bibliography format to the publisher's instructions.

When I scan I have to have a bibliography whether I want one or not or Mellel won't do the scan. This is formatted in the bibliography format I have selected. The footnotes however are formatted in a form entirely of BE's own choosing, which doesn't suit the publishers, and it doesn't matter what I do. (ie ensure my format is selected etc).

Have I misunderstood this - put temporary citations in doc, scan with format the publishers want? Or was I supposed to create the format before I wrote the document?

It is driving me round the bend. The programme treats me like an idiot.

Can someone please advise?

Thanks
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hi,

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are seeing, but I suspect it has to do with the format you have selected. What is it? Normally for footnotes you would use one format to generate the bibliography and another to generate the footnotes (you can tell Bookends to forego the bibliography if you want and still get the footnotes). This is done by using a format that calls for custom citations.

I think you should contact me directly with the information about the format you are using (send it/them to me if you are using a format you made yourself). Then we can figure out what the problem is.

Jon
Sonny Software