Bookends On Tap

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Jon
Site Admin

Bookends On Tap

Post by Jon »

We're pleased to announce that Bookends On Tap has been submitted to the App Store. We've created some placeholder pages that we'll be filling out in the coming days.

http://www.sonnysoftware.com/bookendsontap/

Jon
Sonny Software
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Bookends On Tap

Post by Jon »

For those who are interested, the Bookends On Tap introductory page and user guide are now available

http://www.sonnysoftware.com/bookendsontap/

Note that BOT is not available yet -- it is still waiting for review.

Jon
Sonny Software
macsailor

Post by macsailor »

Now BOT seems to be available at the App Store. Nice surprise.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Good catch, it went live about an hour ago. I'm not making an official announcement yet because the review was much faster than we expected and the updates to our Web site about the forthcoming Bookends 11.2 aren't complete (11.2 is a rather substantial upgrade). When they are we'll release 11.2 (which you'll need to sync to BOT) and announce that BOT is available (although I guess I've scooped myself here :-) ).

Jon
Sonny Software
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

If everything goes well, look for Bookends 11.2 (and sync with BOT) tomorrow morning (Oct. 28).

Jon
Sonny Software
pepe

Post by pepe »

Jon,
Congrats! It looks really impressive.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Thank you very much. It has been a long time coming, and we're happy it's finally here!

Jon
Sonny Software
talazem

Post by talazem »

Installed the BOT, downloaded 11.2, and the sync went smoothly and flawlessly, as was to be expected. The new changes in 11.2 are also quite welcomed. Congratulations, Jon, on a job well done.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

BTW, for anyone who buys Bookends On Tap -- please feel free to drop by the App Store and write a review or rate it. Reviews are particularly important in the App Store, and we'd be grateful if you would take the time to help introduce Bookends On Tap to others there.

Jon
Sonny Software
kimtj6161

Post by kimtj6161 »

I updated Bookends for mac and purchased Bookends on Tap. I tried to connect the two, but it does not work. Bookends for mac recognized my iPad and I entered the pin code Bookends on tap display, but I could not proceed after that. The display is showing an endless time clock and iPad continues to show pin code number and do not display the next screen.
tsharvey

Post by tsharvey »

Good to hear that an iPad solution of Bookends is out! I am eager to try it, but have an important (for me) workflow issue. I often read and annotate articles on my iPad using iAnnotate. Any comments on round tripping attachments from BOT to a PDF reader/annotator (e.g. iAnnotate or GoodReader) for highlighting and then back to BOT? Can you replace the old attachment with the new marked up PDF? Will this replace the old version in the attachments folde on the Mac after the next sync?

Currently I store my attachments folder on my Mac in Dropbox, which allows me to sync PDF in Bookends with iAnnotate or GoodReader. I would like to have my reference database on my iPad, appears to be possible now with BOT, but I'm wondering if I will gain anything by syncing attachments to BOT or if storing them on Dropbox will be more successful at this time.

Thanks for any help!
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

You can export pdfs from BOT to a pdf reader, mark it up, and send it back to Bookends. I believe that whether or not it replaces the existing attachment depends on whether the markup app renames it (if so, Bookends doesn't know it's the same attachment).

Jon
Sonny Software
aechallu

Post by aechallu »

Excellent app!
Accessing attachments via sugarsync or dropbox would be great.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

I'm not sure what you are asking for. What would you like BOT (or Bookends) to do?

Jon
Sonny Software
Gerson

Post by Gerson »

kimtj6161 wrote:I updated Bookends for mac and purchased Bookends on Tap. I tried to connect the two, but it does not work. Bookends for mac recognized my iPad and I entered the pin code Bookends on tap display, but I could not proceed after that. The display is showing an endless time clock and iPad continues to show pin code number and do not display the next screen.
I had this problem too. The support team was very helpful, as always. The problem was solved by adjusting the settings in the "Server" panel of BE preferences. I checked "Allow web access to libraries" and "Authorized access only", entering my system user name and password. After that, all went well.