attachements metadata

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
ppnkg

attachements metadata

Post by ppnkg »

Apologies in advance if this has been discussed before or if it sounds very stupid. I was thinking it would be very helpful if bookends could change some of the metadata of the attached files so that these could be read by e-readers and other programmes that use them to sort out these files. For example, very often I add a bookends attachment (a pdf file) to ibooks so I can read it on my ipad. Ibooks lists those files by their filename (e.g. 'Smith 2009'), and leaves the author filed empty. Am I correct to assume that if metadata like author, title date were available, ibooks would use them to create a more search friendly list?

I know attachments can be accessed with bookends on tap (which I've got) - It's just that on my ipad I find ibooks easier to use.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: attachements metadata

Post by Jon »

I don't know if iBooks would care about any metadata or not. You can try adding it yourself (I'm sure that there are apps out there other than Adobe Acrobat that let you modify pdf metadata) and see how iBooks behaves.

Jon
Sonny Software