Store Passwords in Bookends Browser

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
mchapman

Store Passwords in Bookends Browser

Post by mchapman »

I frequently log into my University's library through the Bookends browser so I can import PDFs directly into Bookends.

However, that means I am frequently typing in my username and password. Is there any way to store this information so it is inputed automatically? Some way to work with 1Password or Keychain?

Thanks,

Mark
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Store Passwords in Bookends Browser

Post by Jon »

Good question. I don't know the answer, that will require some digging.

Jon
Sonny Software
Reinhard

Post by Reinhard »

I am a new user of Bookends and I am very impressed...this software is much better than Endnote! :D

An option to store the user/password combi (ezproxy page) in the Bookends browser would be great! I agree... :wink:
thecritic

Post by thecritic »

I corresponded with Jon about this very issue last month. I think it would entail switching to Safari View Controller:

"The new SFSafariViewController class enables you to deliver interactive web content in your app just like Safari, including the key Safari UI elements already familiar to your users."

https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2015-504/

It probably would be a lot of work.
mchapman

Post by mchapman »

I don't know if it would be any easier but I wonder if it would be possible to specifically support 1Password? It seems to be the most popular software of its kind on OS X