links column too wide in reference list

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
isma

links column too wide in reference list

Post by isma »

Hello
When I select links to be the last column in my reference list, the column is very wide. There is a very large space between the links title and the left margin

Ismaïl
Jon
Site Admin

Re: links column too wide in reference list

Post by Jon »

The last column always extends to the edge of the list box. That's why it's used for the title. Put your Links column before the last column and use the last column for something else (e.g. Title). You can do this in preferences or by right-clicking on a column and changing the header.

Jon
Sonny Software
isma

Post by isma »

What I don't understand is the different behaviour between 'links' and other fields like 'pmid' for the last column

In the following screenshot, I have just changed the last column between pmid and links. For the pmid field, you can see that the column is left aligned whereas it is not the case with links

vs
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Your images are far too small for me to read. But I can see myself here. The answer is that for Links the column is center justified and for most others it is left justified.

Jon
Sonny Software