multiple Attachement Identification

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
pdenis

multiple Attachement Identification

Post by pdenis »

Hello everybody,

in some case, I have 2 or 3 attachements for the same reference. How can I identify such references ?
I have more than 4500 ref., so I preference an automated way.

Thanks for your help
Jon
Site Admin

Re: multiple Attachement Identification

Post by Jon »

A first cut that might be enough would be to add a smart SQL group that finds references with more than one attachment (it's a built-in option when you create a smart SQL group). Then add a new column Attachments in the library window.

It's not fully automated, but it should then be possible to select the group with more than one attachment and scroll through the list, looking for the same name repeated in the Attachments column.

If you want a fully automated solution, you can write an AppleScript to fetch each reference's attachments and remove any duplicates.

Jon
Sonny Software
DrJJWMac

Re: multiple Attachement Identification

Post by DrJJWMac »

To follow up on Jon's note, the smart SQL command line to find references with more than one attachment is

--> attachments REGEX '\n'

Otherwise, are you interested in doing automatic processing to remove the extra attachments? If so, are you always wanting to have only one attachment per reference? Knowing this will help others who may be able to suggest an AppleScript that can do what you want.
--
JJW