Reference Miner 3.0 released

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Jon
Site Admin

Reference Miner 3.0 released

Post by Jon »

Reference Miner 3.0, with built-in browser capability with drag and drop download of pdfs and web pages, is available.

http://www.sonnysoftware.com/download.html

Jon
Sonny Software
Luhmann

Re: Reference Miner 3.0 released

Post by Luhmann »

Wow. I don't know what drew me to check out the forums just now, but I'm glad I did. Downloading right now!

UPDATE: OK, so I do an Amazon search. Click on the icon. Get the Amazon web page. Then I see a link to a related book. Click on that. It opens up in the browser. .... Now what? What we need is some way to get the Amazon data from that new book directly without doing another Amazon search. Zotero can do this. Also would like to see support for Google Scholar. But its a great start. Glad to see browser functionality coming to Bookends.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Reference Miner 3.0 released

Post by Jon »

Hi Luhmann,

With RM you can drag and drop the *reference* to the Bookends db to import it. Then drag and drop the proxy icon (the little dotted lined box) to the Finder to download the pdf (or web page). Then drag and drop the pdf (or web page) onto your database to attach it.

As you can imagine, this will be less cumbersome when Bookends is updated next. However, at least in its first iteration, I don't think you'll be able to navigate to other references in the Bookends browser and import them, you'll need to do another search.

Jon
Sonny Software