Web of Science via my library - how?

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
pablitosan

Web of Science via my library - how?

Post by pablitosan »

Hi - the Bookends user manual says I can access WOS through my library, but I can't seem to make it work.

I'm asked to enter the URL, which I assume is the URL that appears in my browser when I log in to WOS through the library. It looks like this: apps.isiknowledge.com.proxy.lib.umich.edu/UA_GeneralSearch_input.do?product=UA&search_mode=GeneralSearch&SID=3C2dGABOIKche57fDB5&preferencesSaved=

I've tried using this after logging in to the library server via my browser (with "User ID/Password" unchecked). I've also tried checking "User ID/Password" both with and without entering the ID and password.

In most cases it just says "awaiting reply" and hangs. If I enter only this much of the URL: apps.isiknowledge.com.proxy.lib.umich.edu -- it prompts for user name and password, then says "Found. The document has moved here. Apache 1.3.34 server at login.umdl.umich.edu Port 80.

Am I doing something wrong, or can this just not be done through a proxy server?
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Web of Science via my library - how?

Post by Jon »

Hi,

You shouldn't change the settings in the WOS filter we provide. WOS access requires ip authentication. This should be available from your institution or via a VPN connection. You might contact your IT people for help.

Jon
Sonny SOftware