Format for hyperlinks

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
davidlclough

Format for hyperlinks

Post by davidlclough »

I use Bookends with DevonThink for academic research, and they work really well together. I create a record in Bookends for a book, and then make notes on it in DevonThink.

The new hyperlink feature has the potential to make this easier: I can now include a hyperlink back to the Bookends record in my DevonThink document. But just having the title as the hyperlink is annoying: it doesn't give enough information. What I'd really like is the whole formatted citation as the hyperlink. That way I can use the hyperlink as the title of my DevonThink document and not have to retype anything. Would this be useful to others too?

David.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

FYI, you can change the hypertext text in DT without destroying the underlying link.

Jon
Sonny Software
danzac

Post by danzac »

I think this is a good idea too. We can of course add the rest of the info ourselves, but this is adding extra steps that could be done by Bookends, I would think
~I swore to myself that if I ever got to walk around the room as manager people would laugh as they saw me coming and applaud as I walked away~
chartley

Post by chartley »

I would add my support for being able to customize the hyperlink format (or at least choose from a few modes, ranging from title only, to author-date-title, to full citation). I began using the dragged link almost immediately and it is an important element in keeping my notes (I too am using DevonThink) linked to bibliography. And every time I create a new hyperlink I find myself copying the full citation to supplement the hyperlink title.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

This will be a feature in the next major upgrade.

Jon
Sonny Software
danzac

Post by danzac »

awesome news! Thanks Jon
~I swore to myself that if I ever got to walk around the room as manager people would laugh as they saw me coming and applaud as I walked away~
NickB

Post by NickB »

I would find this very useful too.